This Slotted Block Tie (Type I) affixes masonry veneer walls to a structural backing like concrete block masonry.
Slotted Block Ties transfer lateral load, they are not designed to resist movement vertically, and this can reduce the effectiveness of the entire wall assembly to function in a combined manner. For products that better resist movement, shear and load in cavity walls, view our ShearConnector suite of products.
The Slotted Plate is mortared directly into a head joint in the structural backing. This creates a stable integration and it reduces any play, deflection or connector deterioration.
The singular slot in the plate allows up to 2 inches of vertical play to accommodate construction tolerances, and this ensures proper V-Tie alignment flexibility for any joint regardless of where the Block Plate is embeded.
BENEFITS OF SLOTTED BLOCK TIE (Type I)
- Accommodates vertical differential movement within the wall system offers positive restraint between tie components
- Prevents disengagement and reduces mechanical free play
- Eliminates the need for Tie Fasteners
- Eases the inspection of spacing and tie placement
- Complete wall system can be installed by one trade
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation widths